Did I ever mention how much I love coconut! I put desiccated coconut just about on any desert ….or a drink ….yumm! since I am not a big cake eater myself, I never did try making a coconut cake, I settled at sprinkling all my chocolate cakes with some coconut to fulfill my addiction. But a few days back while I was casually rummaging through various blogs I came across this recipe and immediately decided to try it.
The Cake turned out A-M A Z I N G….so do give it a try !
For an extra twist I converted it into bounty flavor, by adding yummy chocolate sauce!
Butter 3/4 cup
Super fine sugar 1 cup
Yogurt 1/2 cup
Baking powder 1 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence 1/2 tsp
Flour 1 3/4 cup
Desiccated Coconut 3/4 cup
Corn Flour/ Corn Starch 1/3 cup
• Beat butter, sugar, coconut and vanilla essence with electric beater or in food processor.
• Beat in yogurt.
• Sift flour, cornflour and baking powder.
• Add in 1 egg and 1 table spoon of flour mixture. Continue beating. This step is required to prevent the mixture from curdling.
• Add in remaining two eggs and beat.
• Lastly add in flour mixture and beat at low speed until just combined.
• Pour into greased 8" round cake tin or 8" x 4" loaf tin.
• Sprinkle 1 table spoon each of desiccated coconut and granulated sugar.
• Bake in a pre-heated oven at gas mark 4 for 50-60 minutes until center comes out clean and is light golden in color.